So, here are a short list of sites that you can find Internet Buddhism on:
What you find on these forums is mostly men whom perhaps read a few Buddhist and Zen books, and now assume they know everything about Zen Buddhism and what the Buddha actually taught. This is what is often termed Armchair Warriors.
A great challenge of life: Knowing enough to think you are right, but not knowing enough to know you are wrong. – Neil deGrasse Tyson
Common mistakes made by Internet Zennist
A list of very common mistakes and notions by the Internet Warriors:
- Denial of the soul. They buy-into the Secular Humanist reinterpretation of Buddhism and Zen,
- Denial of a path of purification, because they deny the existence of a soul
- Deny any Liberation ontology because they deny the soul and any path of purification
In short, they deny Buddhism, and replace it with a Secular Humanist sanitized Buddhist-lite philosophy that is utterly useless
The Armchair Warriors don’t like to discuss, be challenged, or especially be proven how wrong they are. All to often the likely outcome is:
- Deleting the post that offend them,
- Banning the users that post anything that counter their narrative!
As you can see by now, these Internet Buddhist forums and chat-rooms only become an echo-chamber with the closed community of followers in those chat-rooms and forums.
My only advice to you is: If you venture in to those forums, just beware!